Affilliate Links help support the site
We first brought you news of it from the Winter NAMM show but, as it is ready for shipping, Akai Professional has announced their new tool for creating beats on-the-go â€“ the XR20
Beat Production Station.
The XR20 is a portable beat production station loaded with a sound set that is geared towards making Hip-Hop and R&B beats wherever and whenever inspiration strikes.
More than 700 pre-loaded sounds cover a range of drums, percussion, effects and instrument samples, while an integrated effects engine includes Reverb, EQ and Compression, enabling musicians to make complete backing tracks. A microphone input is included for mixing vocals over patterns. Bright, backlit pads provide visual cues for added beat precision.
The XR20 features sounds of standard and electronic drums, single (one-shot) hits, bass and synth sounds to easily create, say Akai, the maximum mix in minimal time.
Key features of the XR20 include:
Pricing and Availability:
- More than 700 sounds produced by Chronic Music
- Ninety-nine Preset Patterns and 99 User Patterns.
- Backlit LCD
- Bright, glowing, backlit pads that follow the beat
- Microphone input and Headphone output
- Pattern Play Mode â€“ different patterns can be triggered from individual pads
- Drum Roll/Note Repeat feature
- Battery Power capability and AC Adapter
The Akai XR20 is coming Q2 - 2008 to musical instrument retailers with an MSRP of $499.