AKG's legendary C 414 microphone needs no introduction. Itâ€™s a tool found in most recording studios and has been used on thousands of hit records; it has been onstage with artists across every musical genre and is also used by leading broadcast facilities the world over.Now, AKG have announced an important addition to the C 414 family: the new C 214
Thomas Stubics, Product Manager at AKG, told us, "The AKG C 414 has been successful for more than 30 years due to continuous improvement of technical specifications, useful features, and ease-of-use. The evolution of the C 414 has been informed by feedback from recording studios, broadcast stations, and live sound engineers. Our new C 214 was designed as a budget-friendly alternative to the leading-edge C 414 family. Because the C 214 uses the same one-inch diaphragm as the C 414, the essence of that heralded C 414 sound has been captured in this newest model."
AKG say that the C 214â€™s double mesh, all-metal grille protects the capsule and ensures high RF immunity without affecting acoustical performance and that it has road-tough construction quality with a modern scratch-resistant finish, a dent-resistant, metal grille and a gold-plated XLR-type output. It comes complete with a spider-type shock mount, windscreen, and metal carrying case.
Pricing and Availability:
- AKGâ€™s Legendary 1â€� Edge-Terminated Large Diaphragm SoundÂ´
- Outstanding Dynamic Range (up to 156 dB SPL, Ultra-Low Noise)
- Roadworthy Design
- Integrated Suspension to reduce mechanical Noise
- Switchable 20 dB Attenuation Pad and Low Cut Switch
- Rugged double mesh Grill for high RF immunity but unaffected Acoustics
- All-metal Die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant Finish
- Spider-type Shock Mount included
- Metal Carrying Case included
- Designed, Engineered and Build in Vienna, Austria