Affilliate Links help support the site
Universal Audio has announced the 1176AE Anniversary Edition
, celebrating a decade since UAâ€™s refounding by Bill Putnam Junior to revive the classic UA products made famous by his father, Bill Putnam in the 1960â€™s.
The 1176AE, hand-built at UA HQ in California, combines the best of the A â€œBluestripeâ€� and E revisions while adding the lower 2 to 1 compression ratio found on the 176. A new â€œSloâ€� attack mode gives the 1176AE the potential for both classic and uniquely individual compression effects.
Bill Putnam, CEO, Founder, and Owner of Universal Audio, told us, â€œThe 1176AE pays tribute to the legend that is the 1176, my fatherâ€™s amazing ear and audio design legacy, and all the pro engineers and UA users that have believed in UA products in the past decade inspiring us to re-create the magic that is Universal Audio. The 1176AE is a truly special edition with unique sonic heritage from the predecessor of the 1176, the 176, the first â€œBluestripeâ€� or A revision, and the last great Class A rev. E â€œBlackfaceâ€� version. â€�
1176 AE Features:
Pricing and Availability:
- Unique rev.A/E â€œhot-rod-modâ€� features, cosmetics and sonic signature
- Program dependency of legendary â€œBluestripeâ€� Rev.A 1176
- Vintage UA 176 compression ratio array - 2:1, 4:1, 8:1 with 20:1 for limiting
- Expanded range of â€œmulti-buttonâ€� compression and classic â€œall-buttonâ€� mode
- â€œSloâ€� 15ms Attack setting adds increased versatility for new uses
- Hand-built in the USA, Limited-Edition of only 500 units worldwide
The 1176AE will have an MSRP of US$2999, an estimated street price of US$2499, and will ship as a 500 limited-edition product beginning in June 2008.