Affilliate Links help support the site
Spectrasonics has announced the beginning of their 10-week Omnisphere Preview Remix Contest
where registered virtual instrument users can create music using special loops that Spectrasonics has created from the eagerly anticipated Omnisphere Power Synth. Three winners will be chosen in July to receive a free copy of Omnisphere when it is released on September 15, 2008.
Spectrasonics tell us that he contest soundset of 45 new loops were created using only Omnisphere and demonstrate a little 'taste' of some of the unique sounds and rhythmic capabilities of the highly-anticipated new virtual instrument. The contest soundset is a free download and is available in Stylus RMX, REX2 and WAV file formats. All Spectrasonics registered users can download the soundset, enter the contest and submit their tracks at the contest webpage:
Participants can enter as many tracks as they like, but can only win one prize in one of the three categories:
- Best Vocal Production
- Best Instrumental Production
- Most Creative Production.
The tracks will be judged by the Spectrasonics Team and the three winners will be announced in July 2008.
Omnisphere Preview Remix Contest" Details:
- Contest begins April 22, 2008 and ends June 30, 2008
- Eligibility: Any Spectrasonics registered users of Stylus RMX, Atmosphere or Trilogy can participate
- FREE contest soundset is available to all eligible users and licensed for use in any music production
- 45 brand new loops are included in Stylus RMX, REX2 and WAV file formats
- All the loops were created using only Omnisphere and demonstrate some of its unique capabilities
- Spectrasonics users can download the special soundset, and submit tracks by logging in at the contest website listed above.
- Awards will be presented in three categories:
Best Vocal Production, Best Instrumental Production, Most Creative Production
- Participants can submit more than one entry, but can only win one award
- Winners will be announced in July 2008
Spectrasonics previewed their brand-new flagship virtual instrument Omnisphere at the January 2008 NAMM show. The revolutionary 'Power Synth' breaks completely new sonic ground by combining a wide variety of hybrid realtime synthesis techniques, a library of 'Psychoacoustic' sounds, and many innovative features that have never been seen before in any hardware or software synthesizer. The new instrument is the first to be based on Spectrasonics' STEAM Engine, the company's newly developed core technology.
Spectrasonics has an on-going preview of the software through unique video episodes at the Omnisphere preview website:
The latest video is Episode 5
and features details of the contest.
Eric Persing, Founder and Creative Director of Spectrasonics, told us, "We are really looking forward to hearing what our users will create with the Omnisphere preview loops. The contest allows people to try out a little of the Omnisphere sonic experience in their own studio environment. We created an interesting set of loops using only Omnisphere that demonstrate some of the unique rhythmic capabilities that it offers. The loops are a lot of fun to use in Stylus RMX, but they can also be used as REX files or even as standard WAV audio files in a wide variety of music software."
Pricing and Availability:
Omnisphere is scheduled to be released September 15, 2008 and the MSRP is $499 USD.