Affilliate Links help support the site
As first seen in our NAMM coverage, Sonnox has now made available its new Oxford SuprEsser
plug-in, which they say is designed to take de-essing to a new level.
They tell us powerful features such as the advanced Dynamic EQ section, combined with an intuitutive graphical display and ease of use make the SuprEsser an extremely useful tool for anyone working with voice, or indeed any instrument, since the plug-in works at all frequencies in the audio spectrum.
Hereâ€™s the details in Sonnoxâ€™ own wordsâ€¦
The Oxford SuprEsser is both a very highly-featured professional De-Esser and a Dynamic EQ. There is a simple mode for quick fixes, but also an advanced mode for increased functionality and fine-tuning. The combination of an intuitive FFT display and three listen modes enables the user to easily see and hear exactly where the problem frequencies are, allowing the rapid reduction or removal of the offending audio. As well as being able to trigger the full band compression, only the offending frequencies can be carefully carved out. Since the SuprEsser can operate at all frequencies, â€˜plosivesâ€™ and other annoyances can also be removed effortlessly, making it more than a simple De-Esser. Additional features include Automatic Level Tracking, Linear Phase Filtering and a Wet/Dry blend control for final balancing.
- Highly featured professional De-Esser
- Linear Phase Dynamic EQ
- Transparently controls aggressive frequencies
- Automatic Level Tracking follows energy levels (no need to automate threshold)
- Large intuitive graphic display makes finding frequencies very easy
- Full Spectrum Operation (20Hz -20KHz)
- Three different 'Listen' modes
- Very easy to use
- Advanced Mode for ultimate control of the Dynamic EQ
- Many creative as well as corrective uses
- Presets giving good starting points
Pro Tools LE (RTAS), M-Powered (RTAS), AU, VST
Pricing and Availability: