Presonus have been in touch to tell us that their FireStudio Tube
16x10 firewire recording system is now in production and scheduled to ship in April. We have featured the FireStudio Tube already in our NAMM coverage but here are all the details that Presonus have sent in their press releaseâ€¦
The FireStudio Tube is a complete 24-bit/96k, professional, firewire recording system loaded with the perfect combination of inputs and outputs for bands, producers, musicians, and engineers to produce commercial quality recordings.
The front panel of the FireStudio Tube is loaded with two â€œSuperChannelsâ€� featuring Class A vacuum tube microphone and instrument preamplifiers along with full-featured analog limiters.
In addition to the two SuperChannels on the front of the FireStudio Tube, the back panel provides you with eight Class A XMAX microphone preamplifiers and six balanced TRS line inputs giving you a total of sixteen analog inputs. The FireStudio Tube also includes eight balanced TRS outputs, headphone output, and MIDI I/O for MIDI instruments, keyboards and controllers. This combination of microphone, instrument and line inputs is perfect for a band to simultaneously record drums, bass, guitar, vocals and keyboards without any additional preamplifiers.
Pricing and Availability:
- 24-bit/96K firewire (IEEE1394)
- 16 inputs/10 outputs simultaneous record/playback channels
- 2 SuperChannels (tube microphone/instrument preamplifier with analog limiter)
- 8 XMAX microphone preamplifiers
- 8 balanced TRS outputs
- MIDI Input/Output
- 16x10 FireControl DSP mixer/router
- JetPLL Sync for improved imaging and clarity
- High performance A/D/A converters (114 dynamic range)
- ProPak software suite included
Available April 2008