Affilliate Links help support the site
Akai have announced the MPD32
which they tell us is their new flagship pad controller for musicians and DJs. They say that, using a USB cable to connect to a PC or Mac, the MPD32 hardware is perfect for hardware control of popular music programs such as Reason, Ableton Live and GarageBand.
Hereâ€™s what Akai have to say in their own wordsâ€¦
The MPD32 is the only pad controller on the market to feature the renowned MPC Note Repeat with swing and gate time parameters. Additionally, it is the only pad controller that can also work as a master clock for MIDI sequencers. With the built in Tap Tempo button musicians can control tempo in real time during performances.
Sixteen velocity and pressure-sensitive genuine MPC pads provide the industry's finest feel and expression. Akai has delivered the best quality pads on the market and an unprecedented number of assignable MIDI controllers, including eight assignable faders, eight assignable switches and eight assignable 360 degree knobs. Three selectable control banks extend the number of available faders, buttons and knobs to 24 each (72 total controllers). Four pad banks allow for 64 total pads.
The MPD32 also features transport controls for interfacing with DAW/sequencing applications like Sonar, Cubase and Logic. The MPD32 is a fully programmable controller and multi-functional control surface that fits perfectly within any production or performance environment.
Key features of the MPD32 include:
Pricing and Availability:
- MIDI synced note-repeat with MPC swing
- Sixteen full-sized, genuine MPC pads with velocity and pressure-sensitive response
- Three banks of eight assignable switches, sliders and endless knobs for a total of 72 controllers
- Two assignable Foot Switches
- One assignable Foot Pedal controller
- Large, easy-to-read custom LCD display
- Thirty user-definable presets for various DAW and software applications
- MMC/MIDI Start/Stop transport buttons
- Ableton Live Akai Edition software included
- BFD Lite software included
The MPD32 is coming Q2 - 2008 with an MSRP of $499.