ESI have announced their U46 XL
USB audio interface with 4 input and 6 output channels for all current Windows versions and Mac OS X including Leopard.
ESI say that theU46 XL features their new aluminum / white product design, providing 4 input and 6 output channels in a stylish and compact box.
The microphone input supports +48V phantom power with a balanced XLR connector. There is also a guitar instrument input (Hi-Z) as well as an adjustable headphone output on the front. The rear panel features 6 output channels plus a separate mix output with TRS connectors.
The driver software includes the ESI DirectWIRE interface that allows the recording and routing of audio signals between various audio applications inside the system without using external cables. U46 XL is bundled with Cubase LE 4.0 from Steinberg.
Claus RiethmÃ¼ller, Managing Director of ESI had this to say, "U46 XL adds TRS outputs, a high quality microphone preamp and an overall improvement of the circuitry compared to our famous and popular U46DJ. Of course it can be used by digital DJs but it can actually do much more."
Pricing and Availability:
- compact device in stylish white / aluminum case
- supports 48kHz input recording and output playback with 100dB(a) dynamic range ADC / DAC
- 6 channel analog output plus separate mix output
- microphone input with balanced XLR input and switchable +48V support
- Hi-Z input signal support (i.e. for electric guitars)
- 4 channel analog line input (4 simultaneous input channels in total)
- bus powered (no extra power supply needed)
- EWDM driver with MME, WDM and ASIO 2.0 support; supports DirectWIRE
- compatible to current Windows versions including Windows XP and Windows Vista, Mac OS X compatible (from 10.3)
U46 XL is expected to be available for purchase in Q2 2008.