Affilliate Links help support the site
Arturia has unveiled version 1.0 of their Origin Keyboard
, the keyboard version of its first
Hardware Synthesizer â€“ Origin
Itâ€™s all taken longer than expected from the initial announcements last year but FrÃ©dÃ©ric Brun, President of Arturia, told us, â€œThe Origin project has proved much more demanding and complex than we initially
Thought. The modularity of the architecture,
combined with the nature of the engine, based on two TigerSHARCs, and with the ergonomic
choices weâ€™ve made, resulted in a high level of complexity. But, what is complexity for us
will deliver power and ease of use for the musician. We are late to deliver, but we have
made the choice to take the time necessary and to not compromise on quality.â€�
Hereâ€™s all the details in Arturiaâ€™s own words directly from their press releaseâ€¦
Origin Keyboard lets you perform and create your music with a new level of dynamism,
control and ergonomics. With a ribbon controller, a velocity and aftertouch sensitive
keyboard, a joystick and numerous knobs, Origin Keyboard provides you with the control
and playability needed to express yourself fully. The innovative front panel can be adjusted
to meet your performance needs, allowing you to comfortably control your sounds in even
the most demanding set-up situations. With its ergonomic design, all-in-one approach and
intelligent kinematics, Origin is an invitation to a unique and gratifying playing experience.
Origin is a modular system of a new generation, opening innovative avenues in sound
design. Loaded with modules modeled on the best synthesizers of all time, Origin lets you
combine these modules and benefit from the additional possibilities put onboard.
Pricing and Availability:
- Create your own patch by combining innovative modules and classic sound controls
extracted from the Minimoog, the CS-80, the ARP 2600, the Moog Modular, the
Jupiter-8, and the Prophet VS.
- Use template patches: an Origin audio structure made by connecting independent
modules, or the minimoog. (The Minimoog template will be delivered in version 1
while the other recreations will come as free upgrades in later Origin updates.)
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony
- More than 500 presets created by talented musicians and synthesizer specialists
- Modular system with more than 80 modules, some new, some excerpted from
legendary synthesizers from the past.
- Superb audio quality with TAEÂ® engine. 24 bits/96 kHz supported.
- With a future update to the Origin line, you will be able to open dedicated software
on your Mac and PC and use the instrument as an AU or VST plug-in. All the sounds
are produced on the Origin while you work on your computer, as you would do with a
- Analog: 2 audio ins, 10 audio outs. Digital: SPDIF out, USB 2.0
- Selection of high quality effects: Phaser, Chorus, Delay, Distortion, Parametric EQ
- 16/32 step sequencer
- Innovative Macro, Advanced LFO, Advanced modulation modes, Advanced Joysick
- MIDI : In, Out, Thru or USB 2
- High Level of Control:
- ultra sensitive 40cm ribbon controller
- high quality light-weighted 61 keys keyboard, with velocity response and channel
- Modulation and pitch-bend wheels, 3-mode Joystick, 55 potentiometers, 46 rotary
encoders, 64 switches
- Ergonomic design
- Self adjustable front panel, from 0Â° to 135Â°, giving you total setup flexibility.
- 5.2â€� TFT screen for clear visual feedback.
- complete mobile solution, offering everything you need to perform in a single,
easily transportable cabinet.
MSRP : $3499/ 2999 â‚¬
MAP : $2999/ 2499 â‚¬