Affilliate Links help support the site
Akai have been in touch to announce the availability of their MPK49
performance controller which we previewed at this year's Franfurt Messe. They say that it delivers the ability to maximize musical ideas on-stage or in the studio.
The MPK49 is a USB/MIDI controller which combines a high-quality, 49-key, semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch and 12 genuine MPC drum pads. 48 total pads are accessible via 4 pad banks.
The Akai MPK49 Performance Controller also has its own advanced arpeggiator for creating quick, creative riffs in seconds. Arpeggiation control ranges from traditional vintage styles to complex multi-key articulations that Akai say are very easy to create in seconds using the built-in buttons and faders.
MPC 'Full Level' and '12 Levels' functions are featured on the pads, and MPC Swing can be applied to both Note Repeat and Arpeggio functions. Tap Tempo and time-division buttons allow for real-time control of Note Repeat and Arpeggio clock speeds.
In all, the MPK49 delivers 76 assignable controls, with assignable inputs that include an expression pedal, footswitch, pitch bend and modulation wheel. Akai believe there has never been this much serious control in one place.
- MIDI synced Note Repeat and Arpeggiator with MPC swing
- 24 assignable endless knobs (3 banks of 8 full-sized, 360 degree rotation knobs
- 24 assignable sliders (3 banks of 8 x 45mm sliders
- 24 assignable switches (3 banks of 8 backlit switches)
- 49-note semi-weighted keyboard with Aftertouch
- 12 genuine MPC pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity
- Large, easy-to-read custom LCD display
- 30 user-definable Presets for various DAW and software applications
- MMC/MIDI, Start/Stop transport buttons
- Assignable footswitch and expression pedal inputs
Pricing and Availability:
- USB cable
- Quick Start guide
- Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition
- CD with Vyzor Editor / Librarian