Affilliate Links help support the site
We covered this in our video footage from the AES show in New York but SSL have now sent us the full details of their X-EQ
for Nuende so hereâ€™s the lowdown in their own wordsâ€¦
X-EQ is an open and transparent sounding parametric EQ that provides the user with a truly comprehensive range of EQ tools within an intuitive user interface. X-EQ is exceptionally flexible with the ability to be surgically precise for mastering duties or to smooth and sculpt for everyday audio production and is particularly suited to real time manipulation for dramatic filter sweep effects.
X-EQ is at first glance a 10 band parametric EQ, but each of the 10 EQ bands can be selected to provide a different type of EQ, making X-EQ a vast range of different EQ processors in one package. Bands 1 and 10 are High and Low Filters, each of which can be set to employ one of five different Filter topologies with five very different tonal characters. Bands two and nine are shelving EQâ€™s with a Q range that extend right up to 10.3 and a degree of undershoot and overshoot at higher Q settings that give a unique tonal character. The remaining six bands are all Bell EQâ€™s with a choice of nine different EQ types providing a comprehensive range of response curves. All Shelving & Bell bands can operate across a full 20Hz-20kHz frequency range with a powerful gain range of +/-20dB. All of the Bell bands can also be switched from the usual serial signal flow of a parametric EQ to the parallel signal flow of a graphic equalizer.
Key features of X-EQ include:
- 10 band parametric EQ with individually selectable EQ type per band.
- Intuitive user interface with drag and move graphic control, on screen knob layout, mouse wheel (& fine mouse) control and numeric editing.
- Bands one & 10 are High & Low Cut Filters, each with five different selectable topographies.
- Bands two & nine are Shelving EQâ€™s with proportional Q values.
- Bands three to eight are Bell Filters with 20Hz-20kHz range and nine individually selectable EQ types.
- Bands three to eight can be switched between standard series and parallel signal flow for classic graphic EQ style operation.
- Real time FFT signal analysis display.
- Stereo input and output metering with peak hold, separate RMS meter and dynamic range display.
- A/B facility for instant comparison of two different EQ set ups.
- Full parameter automation via any compatible host.
X-EQ is an optional plug-in for Duende â€“ it requires Duende in order to run. The plug-in will only install and run on Duende Hardware.
To celebrate the release of X-EQ, SSL are giving away three free copies of Drumstrip for Duende.
For a chance to win a free copy of Drumstrip visit the SSL website, log in and make sure your registration details are up to date, then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'I want Drumstrip' as the subject. The winner will be chosen at random from the email responses received. Note the winners will be existing Duende owners and the prize does not include a Duende.
Pricing and Availability:
X-EQ costs Â£295 excluding VAT.
More information and free X-EQ trial: