Affilliate Links help support the site
Apogee Electronics Corporation have unveiled their Ensemble Mobile
at AES. Itâ€™s a battery operated version of the successful multi-channel digital audio interface designed specifically for use with Apple Mac computers. Ensemble is the only multi-channel audio interface with control functions built directly into Appleâ€™s Logic Pro, Soundtrack Pro and GarageBand software, creating a completely portable, fully integrated professional hardware and software system for audio production on a Mac.
Betty Bennett Co-Founder and CEO of Apogee told us, â€œThis is an exciting new market for the Ensemble. We worked very closely with professional sound supervisors and engineers in the motion picture industry to create an â€˜on-locationâ€™ solution that would fully integrate with any Core Audio-compliant application. I am confident our customers will be quite pleased with the quality, ease of use and functionality of this special version of Ensemble.â€�
Ensemble Mobile Features 36 channels of simultaneous audio, including 8 channels of Apogeeâ€™s legendary A/D and D/A conversion, 4 transparent, digitally controlled 75dB mic preamps, 8 channels of ADAT I/O, 2 channels of S/PDIF coax and optical I/O, and FireWire connectivity to and from the computer. Ensemble Mobile also includes such Apogeeâ€™s features as â€˜SoftLimitâ€™, â€˜UV22HRâ€™ and â€˜Intelliclockâ€™.
Power to Ensemble Mobile is provided by an industry standard XLR-4 connector that also gives you the option of plugging in using the included external AC to DC power adaptor with a standard IEC input. Ensemble Mobile is as flexible as you are and will work with any DC power source with voltage between 11 and 16 Volts. The power requirement is 20 Watts maximum or 1.7 Amps at 12 Volts, giving an average of four hours of run time from a 7AH battery.
Ensemble Mobile at a glance:
Pricing and Availability:
- 8 channels of premium 24-bit 192kHz AD/DA conversion
- 4 digitally controlled 75db microphone preamps
- 2 fully balanced inserts on mic pre channels
- 4 Hi-Z instrument inputs capable of handling high level instruments
- 2 individual, controllable and assignable high-level headphone outputs
- 2, 6 or 8 channel monitor outputs
- 8 channels of ADAT I/O
- FireWire 400 I/O, compatible with OS X Core Audio (no driver required)
- 2 channels of SPDIF I/O
- â€œSoft Limitâ€� for maximum digital input level without overs
- â€œUV22HRâ€� for superior dither of 24-bit resolution down to 16-bit
- Advanced dual-stage â€œIntelliclockâ€�
- Complete integration and control with Appleâ€™s Logic Pro Software
- Compatibility with any CoreAudio software applications