Affilliate Links help support the site
Puremagnetik has released Punchpak
, a collection of sounds created from the 8 bit synthesizer chip on the classic Nintendo (NES)
All sounds have been mapped out and programmed into the Ableton Live 6, EXS24
and Kontakt 2
environments. Puremagnetik have taken the sounds a step further with added effects that include ambience and arpeggiation.
Punchpak also includes a selection of multisampled menus with lo-fi glitch, noise
sounds. With patch names like "Zelda", "Castlevania", and "Mega Man", Puremagnetik tell us that they have recaptured these vintage 1980's video game sounds for the modern DAW.
The Ableton Live version of Punchpak includes instrument racks for both Sampler and Simpler while the Kontakt 2 version comes with a customized KSP panel for easy editing.
Pricing and Availability:
- A comprehensive collection of "8-bit" Nintendo sounds
- Fully integrated with Kontakt 2 and Ableton Live audio effects
- Extensive rack and Macro programming for Ableton Live
- Glitch and lo-fi effect menus
- Easy editing KSP interfaces for Kontakt 2
Basic Monthly Subscription: $5.75 per Month
Basic Yearly Subscription: $60 per Year
Premium Subscription: $135 per Year