Affilliate Links help support the site
If youâ€™ve been following the story since ran the first vid from the Sounds Expo show earlier this year youâ€™ll know exactly what Yamahaâ€™s Tenori-on
is. Today Yamaha are officially launching the instrument at Phonica Records, Poland St, London.
Here is how Yamaha describe Tenori-on, complete with a full list of its specifications:
â€˜Tenori-on is a fusion of sound and music, but first and foremost itâ€™s a revolutionary hands-on instrument, a tactile way of controlling sound, and a way of quickly sequencing complex musical arrangements. One effect of this sound and light synergy is that even non-musicians can enjoy improvising and even composing almost instantly.
But Tenori-on is also much moreâ€¦
Itâ€™s a controller.
The unique 16x16 light-matrix on the fascia is how you interface with Tenori-on, whether youâ€™re auditioning the 256 onboard sounds, selecting one of the 16 onboard sequencer tracks or playing in melodic or percussive elements. Tenori-on gives incredible visual feedback so you know exactly whatâ€™s happening inside that brushed magnesium exterior â€“and that light display is also replicated on the rear-side for those crowd-pleasing performance sessions. Tenori-on also comes with its own MIDI cable for attaching to any other MIDI gear, making it possible to control both software and MIDI-equipped hardware.
Itâ€™s a synthesiser.
Tenori-on features 256 internal studio-quality sounds. The sounds are conveniently arranged into groups, ranging from drums and strings to basses, pads, percussive, synthesised and lead sounds, be they traditional instruments or more ethereal and other-worldly in origin. Donâ€™t be fooled by that little silver box â€“ connect Tenori-on to your speakers or sound system and experience the power and clarity of those presets!
Itâ€™s a sampler.
The onboard sounds will cover most bases, but you can easily augment the sound palette with your own samples â€“ 48 of them, to be precise. The bundled software editor makes it easy to drag and drop the sounds onto a standard SD card, then simply call up the newly created patches into one of the three User locations.
Itâ€™s a work of art.
Never before has the world seen such a fusion of technology, tactility, ergonomic beauty and stunning sounds. Tenori-on immediately feels intuitive, and although powerful itâ€™s quick and easy to start interacting right out of the box.â€™
Pricing and Availability:
- Gate Time: 10 - 9990ms
- Octaves: -5 / +5
- Tempo (BPM): 40 - 240
- Scales : 9 types
- Transpose: -7 / +8
- 6 x Performance Modes: Score, Random, Draw, Bounce, Push, Solo
- Other Functions Clock, power-save, synchronized performance with two TENORI-ON instruments, recording, TENORI-ON song playback
- Maximum Active Notes Push Mode: 64
- Random Mode: 64 points
- Draw Mode: 64 points
- Tone Generator
- Tone Generator Type: AWM2
- Maximum Polyphony: 32 notes
- Preset Voices: 253 (239 normal, 14 drum kit)
- Effects: 2 processors
- Reverb: 10 types
- Chorus : 5 types
- Sampling: 3 voices (Raw audio with a maximum length of 0.97 sec, up to 16 samples per voice using the supplied TENORI-ON User Voice Manager software.)
- Card functions: Save, Load, Rename, Delete, Format
- Controller & Display
- LED Buttons : 256 (No function)
- Function Buttons : 10 (L1-L5, R1-R5)
- CLEAR, OK, CANCEL Buttons: 1 each
- Jog Dial
- Display: 122 x 32 dot graphic LCD device
- Sound:Stereo Speakers 1-Watt output power
- Line Out/Phones: Stereo minijack x 1
- Mini DIN: MIDI Out: for external device control, MIDI In for synchronized performance using two TENORI- ON instruments
- Card Slot: SD Memory Card compatible
- DC In: Connector for PA-3C, PA-130 or equivalent
- Power Supply
- 6 â€˜AAâ€™ alkaline batteries: (not supplied)
- AC Adaptor: PA-3C, PA-130 (supplied)
- Dimensions: 205 x 205 x 32mm
- Weight : Approx. 700g (without batteries)
- Supplied Accessories: Mini DIN cable, CD-ROM x 1, PSU, Quick Guide, Installation Guide