Affilliate Links help support the site
Apogee Electronics Corporation have announced that Symphony Mobile
is now shipping worldwide through authorized dealers and distributors. Symphony Mobile is the first professional, state-of-the art native audio workstation designed specifically for Appleâ€™s MacBook Pro.
Symphony Mobile features all of the performance, quality and value of Apogeeâ€™s Symphony PCI-Express card, with up to 32 channels of I/O, and less than 1.6 milliseconds of latency at 96K, in a portable form factor. Apogee say that, installed directly into Appleâ€™s MacBook Pro and connected to their X-Series or Rosetta Series converters, Symphony Mobile delivers amazing sound quality and capabilities that rival most desktop workstations, making it the ultimate solution for professionals that want to do audio production on a laptop.
Apogee Co-Founder and CEO, Betty Bennett told us, â€œWe are pleased to be shipping Symphony Mobile, an exciting product that is sure to reinvent professional recording on a laptop. With high channel count and extremely low latency, Symphony Mobile liberates the customer from large desktop workstations. The freedom to move no longer requires professionals to compromise on performance.â€�
Symphony Mobile At A Glance:
- 32 channels of 24-bit 192K Digital I/O
- Single 32 channel, PC-32, bi-directional connector
- Direct connectivity to Apogeeâ€™s Rosetta 800, Rosetta 200 and AD-16X and DA-16X converters via the optional X-Symphony card
- Simple connection with a single PCI-32 cable
- Compatibility with any CoreAudio software applications
- Apogeeâ€™s Maestro Software for advanced control and routing
- Apogeeâ€™s VBus for virtual routing between CoreAudio applications
- Compatible with any Apple MacBook Pro