Software for the SSL Duende
is now in version 2.0, and Solid State Logic tell us that they have made available the Drumstrip
drum processing plug-in for Duende.
A time limited trial version of Drumstrip will be installed during the Duende v2 software update. This allows for Drumstrip to be run in evaluation mode, which means the plug-in can be used with full functionality until a certain number of samples of audio have been processed. At 48 kHz this gives about 10 hours of continuous use for either stereo or mono plug-ins. At the point where 10 minutes of the evaluation period remains, the countdown timer will turn red. Once the timer reaches â€˜0h 0m 0sâ€™ the sample count has been reached and the plug-in will cease to process audio.
Key features of Drumstrip include:
- Carefully selected collection of five audio processing tools
- Transient shaper with Transient Invert to bring the attack phase of your drums to life
- Transient Shaper Audition enables you to isolate and monitor the effect of the Transient Shaper
- â€œOver-Easyâ€� soft ratio compression characteristic for smooth transitions
- Dedicated drum Gate with range and independent open and close threshold controls
- High Frequency Enhancer to invigorate top end
- Low Frequency Enhancer to improve bass frequencies
- The classic SSL Listen Mic Compressor with additional bypass function to alter the legendary band-limited compression to full range compression
- Adjustable processor orderâ€”because a different processing order is required for different types of drums
- Input & Output Level metering with additional RMS meters, dynamic range indicators and threshold indicators.
SSL say that the secret to making an average drum recording sound incredible can be elusive - It takes the right combination of processors, with the perfect sonic character, in the correct configuration and tweaked in the right way. They tell us that Drumstrip takes drum sounds from ordinary and average to vibrant and exhilarating in a few quick, easy steps. Plug in, switch on and experiment. Drumstrip handles the hard part, putting the right selection of fantastic sounding processing tools in your hands in an instant.
With Drumstrip, say SSL, DAW users can attain increased presence, clarity and detail in their drum tracks; reduce spill in individual tracks; restore natural brightness; achieve greater perceived loudness; shorten or lengthen the attack and sustain of percussive signals; tighten up booming toms; make kicks and snares stand out in a mix; and parallel compress room mics.
Pricing and Availability: