Affilliate Links help support the site
Rolandâ€™s RE range of analog tape delays are still revered by many users, (Sonic Stateâ€™s news editor actually has five of them), so itâ€™s no surprise that Roland has decided to emulate the RE-201 Space Echo
in one of the Boss series of Twin Pedals. Roland and Boss say they have recreated every sonic detail and nuance of the original in the new Boss RE-20
Hereâ€™s a list of features in Rolandâ€™s own words:
- Amazing simulation of the famous Roland RE-201, with the spacious, analogue tone of the original Space Echo
- Faithful modelling of the RE-201â€™s tape flutter and magnetic head sound saturation
- Tap input pedal allows delay time to be set by foot
- Longer delay time than the original RE-201
- Control parameters such as REPEAT RATE, INTENSITY, and more via Expression pedal
- MODE SELECTOR knob with 12 placements just likes the original Space Echo
But, we wonder, will it recreate the glitch as the tape splice passes the heads?
Pricing and Availability:
Available June 2007. Pricing TBA.