Tascam has announced the GA-30CD
guitar amplifier. They tell us that this 30W guitar amp uses solid-state technology for guitar tone without the latency delay of digital modeling amps. A multi-effects processor is also provided for delay, chorus, phasing and more. Along with being a flexible guitar amp, the GA-30CD has a built-in CD trainer with its own stereo sound system for playing CDs at virtually any speed and pitch without compromising the amp tone.
Rick McClendon, Vice President Sales, Tascam Division told us, "Musicians who plugged CD-GT1mkIIs into their guitar amp complained about the sound, because the mono speaker was designed for guitar. The GA-30CD has a dedicated guitar speaker and two more speakers for stereo CD playback, making sure the sound of either one isn't compromised. With its CD trainer features and great-sounding guitar tone, the GA-30CD is the ultimate practice amp."
Like Tascamâ€™s CD-GT1mkII phrase trainer, the GA-30CD plays back CDs with Variable Speed Audition so musicians can learn licks at slower speeds without changing the pitch. CDs can also be pitched to match the tuning of an instrument, and a built-in tuner is provided. A Guitar Cancel feature is also provided for playing along with CDs, and a line input can play back an MP3 player, microphone preamp, mixer or other source.
Guitar Amplifier Features:
CD Trainer Features:
- 30 watt Solid State Technology Guitar Amplifier
- Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, Boost controls for guitar (single channel + boost)
- Independent 15W amplifier for guitar and stereo 7.5W amplifier for CD
- 6.5" guitar speaker and two 3" speakers for CD
- Effect 1 programs: Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Auto-Wah, Pitch Shift, Delay, Panning Delay
- Effect 2 dedicated to Reverb
- 1/4" Footswitch Input for optional Boost pedal
- 1/8" Stereo Line Input connector for MP3 player, drum machine or microphone preamp
- 1/4" Stereo Headphone Output
Pricing and Availability:
- Seamless looping of song sections
- Variable Speed Audition allows you to speed up or slow down CD playback without changing the pitch
- Built-in Tuner and oscillator
- Guitar Canceller allows you to play along with the CD without hearing the recorded guitar
- Change the pitch of the CD to play along without retuning your guitar