Affilliate Links help support the site
Tascam has launched the FireOne
which they say pushes the limits of what an audio interface could be. Itâ€™s a FireWire Audio Interface with shortcut keys and a weighted jog wheel which they say is designed to inspire creative interaction with the artist's music.
Tascam tell us that the FireOne is the first stereo audio interface in its class that records two mic ins and two outs over FireWire at 192kHz/24-bit audio resolution. But, they say that the most unique feature of the unit is its large, weighted, backlit jog wheel, which allows musicians to zip through their song while the backlight provides useful feedback such as a visual metronome.
Johnny DeLeon, Computer Products Channel Manager for Tascam told us, "With its sleek design and high resolution recording, the new FireOne is the most exciting Tascam FireWire interface ever. The new FireOne delivers unprecedented performance features and mobility in an incredible compact design."
The FireOne features a pair of mic inputs with phantom power, pad and line switches. A guitar input switch for recording direct and MIDI input and output are also provided. In addition to its weighted and backlit jog wheel, the FireOne has transport keys and nine programmable shortcut keys to control functions in audio applications like Logic Pro, SONAR, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer, Live and Pro Tools. Tascam say that the edit control interface makes it a perfect choice for video editing applications like Final Cut Pro and Premiere.
Pricing and Availability:
- 2-in / 2-out FireWire Audio Interface
- Up to 192kHz/24-bit audio resolution
- Two XLR mic inputs with phantom power and pad
- 1/4" high impedance input for recording guitar direct
- Two 1/4" stereo headphone outputs
- Weighted, backlit jog wheel
- Transport control keys: rewind, fast-forward, stop, play, record
- Headphone output with level control
- Eight DAW shortcut keys
- Stereo LED meter
- MIDI in and out
- 1/4" Footswitch input
- Buss powered through the FireWire connection or use the included power supply