Affilliate Links help support the site
Arturia have announced the Jupiter-8V
, the software recreation of Rolandâ€™s famous
Jupiter-8 which was in production from 1981 to 1984.
The Jupiter-8 was a synth that not only inspired a generation of musicians ranging
from Prince to Howard Jones, from Depeche Mode to Moby, it was also a unique
machine that offered a sharp and crystalline sound while being uniquely phat.
With the Jupiter-8V Arturia say they have brought this magic back. Based on the latest version of
-Arturiaâ€™s award winning proprietary technology for analog emulation- the
Jupiter-8V offers a new generation of features. Arturia tell us that the integration of effects within the
synthesis line allows for drastic modifications of the original sound, with Galaxy, a
graphical tool made to program two LFOâ€™s in the same time, you get a unique and
innovative source of modulation and with the modulation sequencer you can create
new evolving sounds extremely easily.
Howard Jones had this to say about it, â€œMy favourite synth of all time is now a soft-synth thanks to
the wonderful people at Arturia. As with all their soft-synth Arturia have given us a
meticulously crafted software version of the Classic Jupiter-8 with some fabulous
extra features to bring us into the 21st century. This is a must have for all of us JP8
The Jupiter-8V is loaded with more than 400 presets made by a selection of top
musicians. Fully compatible with the main protocols and systems in the industry, it
can be used as stand-alone software or as a virtual instrument.
Required minimum configuration
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony, and a Unison mode
- A unique audio structure featuring 2 oscillators per voice, 2 LFOâ€™s, 2 filters and 2
- Keyboard split and layer
- A set of Analog and Digital Effects available within the synthesis line: Bit Crusher,
Chorus, Distortion, Param Eq, Phaser, Ring Mod.
- 2 Digital Effects to be chosen among Chorus, Delay and Phaser, and to be placed
on the output of the synth.
- Additional Live-oriented Step-sequencer, additional Galaxy module for advanced
- Set to Control with your external MIDI keyboard in just a few clicks.
- New Preset Manager
- PC / Windows: 512 MB RAM ; 1,5 GHz processor
- Mac OS X: 512 MB RAM ; 1,5 GHz processor
- Windows 2000 and XP
- MAC OS X 10.3.9 or higher and Universal Binary
Stand-alone (ASIOâ„¢, Direct Soundâ„¢, Core Audioâ„¢) VSTÂ®, Audio
Unitsâ„¢, RTASâ„¢ (ProTools 6 and 7)
Pricing and Availability:
MSRP : $249 USD / 199â‚¬
Available March 2007