Affilliate Links help support the site
Apogee Electronics Corporation have announced Symphony Mobile
, the first professional, state-of-the art native audio workstation designed specifically for Appleâ€™s MacBook Pro.
Apogee say that Symphony Mobile features all of the performance, quality and value of their Symphony PCI-Express card, with up to 32 channels of I/O, and less than 1.6 milliseconds of latency at 96K, in a portable form factor. Installed directly into Appleâ€™s MacBook Pro and connected to their X-Series or Rosetta Series converters, Apogee say that Symphony Mobile delivers amazing sound quality and capability that rivals most desktop workstations, making it the ultimate solution for professionals that want to do audio production on a laptop.
Betty Bennett, CEO of Apogee Electronics told us, â€œWe are very excited about Symphony Mobile. This product allows professionals the opportunity to make world-class audio productions on their MacBook Pro, whether at home, on the road, or in the studio.â€�
Symphony Mobile At A Glance:
Pricing and Availability:
- 32 channels of 24-bit 192K Digital I/O
- Single 32 channel, PC-32, bi-directional connector
- Direct connectivity to Apogeeâ€™s Rosetta 800, Rosetta 200 and AD-16X and DA-16X converters via the optional X-Symphony card
- Simple connection with a single PCI-32 cable
- Compatibility with any CoreAudio software applications
- Apogeeâ€™s Maestro Software for advanced control and routing
- Apogeeâ€™s VBus for virtual routing between CoreAudio applications
- Compatible with any Apple MacBook Pro
Available March '07