PSP have released the successor to their VintageWarmer plug-in - a digital simulation of an analog-style single- or multi-band compressor/limiter with overload characteristics designed to generate saturation effects typical of analog tape recorders. The new PSP VintageWarmer
2 adds the following features:
- FAT (Frequency Authentication Technique) - PSP's quality double-sampled processing
- Disengageable brick-wall limiting
- Two Release Multiplier ranges for fast or relaxed processing
- Semi-automated release mode
- Extended band saturation levels and band release multipliers for MultiBand mode
- 64-bit host<>plug-in audio streaming support in VST version
- Platform-independent preset management system
PSP VintageWarmer2 is available for both Mac OSX and Windows. The OSX version is Universal Binary so the plug-in can now be used on both PowerPC and new Intel-based Macintosh computers.
Pricing and Availability:
The owners of the PSP VintageWarmer can get the new plug-in at discounted price of $49.00 USD.
All users who bought PSP VintageWarmer after March 13th, 2006 get the new PSP VintageWarmer2 for free.