Affilliate Links help support the site
Solid State Logic have announced the release of Duende V1.5
. The new release makes Duende available to the huge community of PC based producers.
Based on the powerful DSP technology behind SSLâ€™s C-Series digital consoles, Duende is a sleek, 19â€� rack-mount unit that seamlessly integrates console-grade SSL Channel and Dynamics processing with a digital audio workstation. On-board DSP runs SSL processing, relieving the burden on the host computerâ€™s CPU.
Niall Feldman, Director of Product Marketing told us, â€œResponse to Duende has been extremely positive with sales of the initial Mac only version exceeding our expectation. Response from Mac users who have the product has been fantastic and demand from PC users for a PC compatible release has grown steadily since its release.
Key features include:
- 4-band EQ, two shelving sections and two parametric
- Variable low-pass and high-pass filter
- Switchable EQ characteristics between E Series and G Series EQ
- â€œOver-Easyâ€� soft ratio compression characteristic for smooth transitions
- Variable process order routing
- Dynamics side-chain processing with independent side chains for compressor and expander/gate
Duende allows for up to 32 channels of processing at sample rates up to 96khz. The EQ and Dynamics Channel provides a single plug-in slot EQ & Dynamics processing solution that SSL say has all the power and processing flexibility of an SSL console channel.
SSL say that the Duende Bus Compressor delivers the punch and drive of the classic SSL Master Bus Compressor, a key element of many legendary recordings. Widely regarded as â€˜audio glueâ€™ for a mix, its sound is an essential component in creating a great mix.