It is 30 years since the P2200 power amplifier was introduced in 1976, now, in 2006, Yamaha have marked the anniversary by announcing the new flagship Tn Series
Representing the culmination of 30 years of development and experience, Yamaha say that the new Tn series amplifiers are set to become the standard for a new generation of large-scale live sound systems.
Yamaha tell us that the Tn series amplifiers are ruggedly designed to deliver optimum performance even under tortuous tour conditions, while offering sonic quality befitting a top-line model with up to 2500 watts power output (T5n, stereo @ 2Î©). They say that the ability to stably drive load impedances as low as 2 ohms makes the Tn series amplifiers ideal for powering line-array systems on the road.
A high-volume fan cooling system and comprehensive protection circuitry help to maintain high reliability, and power consumption has been reduced by 50% compared to conventional amplifiers thanks to Yamaha's high-efficiency EEEngine amplifier technology. The Tn Series also includes on-board networking capability for remote control and monitoring, aptly denoted by the "n" of Tn.
Pricing and Availability:
- High power for tour applications: T5n = 2500W, T4n = 2200W, T3n = 1900W.
- Extraordinary midrange and high end detail with solid, commanding bass. Exhaustive vibration-reduction measures have resulted in unprecedented sound quality.
- Stable 2-ohm drive capability is ideal for line array speaker systems.
- A durable exterior, large cooling fans and fan guards, easily replaceable filters, and other reliability features help to deliver total dependability even under demanding tour conditions.
- Original Yamaha EEEngine amp drive technology realizes a 50% reduction in power consumption compared to conventional amplifiers.
- Remote amplifier control and monitoring via the Yamaha ACU-16C Amp Control Unit.
- A variety of input terminals, removable handles, and other features for maximum installation and handling versatility.