Affilliate Links help support the site
Tascam have updated the Giga Virtual Instrument plug-in version of Gigastudio to version 3.51. Hereâ€™s a summary taken from the release notesâ€¦
New Features In 3.51
- GVI now supports multiple instances on multi-processor (dual core) computers
for Steinbergâ€™s Cubase, Steinbergâ€™s Nuendo and Digidesignâ€™s Pro Tools.
- GVI now includes a per instance memory usage meter when hosted in a VST or
RTAS DAW application.
- GVI now supports access to instrument help documentation, when provided with
a soundware library. This is accessed from the MIDI channel pulldown menu in
the MIDI Mixer where the instrument is loaded. If no help file is present, this
menu item will not be displayed.
- GVI now includes a link to the product registration web page under the Help
menu. Registration gains the user access to informative newsletters, special deals
& promotions and freebies.
- The Loaded Instrument Viewer can be brought up by either selecting â€œLoaded
Instrumentsâ€� from a MIDI Mixer channel pulldown or by pressing the Instrument
Viewer toolbar icon. Once open, instruments can be loaded onto any MIDI
channel by drag & drop.
GVI now includes all four original NFX effect algorithms from GigaStudio. These
effects can be applied to any loaded instrument via a flexible new FX buss insert
architecture. These effects are:
Maintenance Items In 3.51
Known Issues In 3.51
- An incompatibility with Sonyâ€™s Acid 6 that caused no audio output from GVI
when hosted in Acid 6 has been corrected.
- Rare instances of GVI crashing when exporting to GSI have been addressed.
- Previously, when running in standalone mode, it was not possible to change
output channel selections after the sampler had been reset. This has been fixed.
- The filter Turbo Mode in the Quick Edit section of GVI is specific to the low-pass
filter. Previously, it was possible for the UI to present Turbo Mode enabled with
a different filter selected. Now, when Turbo Mode is enabled, the filter type is
switched to low-pass automatically.
- The list of recently used files has been moved to below the list of factory content.
- Previously, using the Load menu to load a GSI file onto a MIDI channel was
incorrectly performing a stack operation. This has been fixed in 3.51.
- The FX button in the MIDI Mixer has been renamed to GP. When illuminated,
this indicates that a GigaPulse encoded instrument has been loaded on that
channel. The associated pull down menu allows access to that GigaPulse UI. It is
still possible to access the GigaPulse UI for an encoded instrument via the
GigaPulse toolbar icon when that instrumentâ€™s MIDI channel is selected in the
Pricing and Availability:
- GVI does not currently support Windows XP x64.
- For use with Ableton Live, GVI should be installed into the Steinberg VST
directory instead of the default TASCAM directory.
- It is currently necessary to uncheck the Fast Bounce checkbox when bouncing a
GVI track in SONAR.
- It is not currently possible to open the ASIO control panel of the Echo AudioFire
12 from within the GVI Configuration window.
Available now for free download.