Celemony Software have announced Version 3.1 of the audio software Melodyne cre8/studio. The new version runs native on Macs with Intel processors, supports as an option the iLok dongle and is compatible with the new 'Melodyne Sound Library'. In addition, numerous requests from customers have been implemented and improvements in all areas carried out. The upgrade to Version 3.1 will probably be available at the end of April and is free for all registered users of Melodyne cre8/studio.
Price and Availability
- Melodyne 3.1 runs as 'Universal Binary' now also native on Intel Macs, if desired stand-alone or connected via ReWire, VST, AU and RTAS with a host.
- Optionally and as an alternative to the procedure to date, the new version can use the iLok dongle for authorisation, making the flexible use of Melodyne on different computers and in different studios possible. Users used to iLok do not have to use another authorisation procedure in parallel.
- Exports tracks notewise if desired, whereby â€“ where possible â€“ the MIDI Root Key is written automatically into the files created â€“ which is ideal as it allows you to use these quickly in the sampler and without the additional trouble of mapping.
- Melodyne 3.1 inaugurates the new 'Melodyne Sound Library'. The sounds are derived from Ueberschall's Liquid Instruments, and were specially conceived, recorded and prepared for flexible use with Melodyne technology.
- Simple management of used audio files
- Switchable pitch grid
- Extended combi tools
- Common reset function for all pitch editing
- New keyboard commands
- Percentage entry for time stretching
- A command for restoration of the last saved version
- Automatically reads the tempo information contained in many files (e.g. Apple Loops and Acid files).
- All known bugs have been fixed and ReWire stability further improved.