Gibson USA have announced the launch of 15 new Gibson guitar models and are exhibiting them at the show. Included in the new offering are guitars targeted specifically to the female player, performance models, special theme semi-hollow electrics and solid body guitars.
Focusing on the female performer, Gibson will introduce the new Gibson Les Paul Vixen
guitar model and the Goddess
series. The Vixen is designed for female artists looking for a slimmer model guitar at an affordable price. The Les Paul Vixen features a light-weight mahogany body, slim 60â€™s taper neck with a narrow nut, and 490R & 498T humbuckers. The Gibson Goddess Series features a Gibson Les Paul and SG guitar delivering high-end quality and tone in a slim, weight relieved design. Features of these guitar models include a reduced body size (Les Paul only), slim 60â€™s taper neck with a narrow nut, translucent 490R & 498T humbuckers, and Madagascar heather ebony fingerboard.
Other New Models
- The GT series, targets the artist with a heavy gig schedule. The GT series model guitars will handle the regular stage and road activity while delivering good looks. Features include over/under dual truss rod for extra neck reinforcement, push-pull pots on coil split 490R & 498T humbuckers, fully independent volume controls even with the toggle in the middle position, the tone circuit contains a high pass filter that allows highs to remain as you turn the volume down, and it smooths the taper from 0-10, Graph-tech nut, locking metal button Grover tuners, painted in ghosted flames, â€˜50s Les Paul neck, NeutrikTM jack locks in the cable plug, Dunlop dual function locking strap pin, and more.
- The Gibson Vegas Standard and Vegas High Roller models are two flat-top semi-hollow body guitars with humbuckers that carry the Vegas and Poker themes to new heights in their design and look. Features include â€˜60s slim taper neck, â€™57 Classic humbuckers on the Standard, Burstbucker Pro humbuckers and AAA maple top on the High Roller, and rosewood fingerboard with gold frets.
- The Gibson New Century Series includes a Gibson Les Paul, SG, Explorer and Flying V with full-body mirror pickguards to reflect stage lights making the artist the center of attention. Features include mahogany body and neck, 490R & 498T humbuckers, mirror truss rod cover, and classic â€˜60s neck (except Flying V).
- The Gibson Les Paul DC Pro is a premium double-cutaway model designed for professional guitarists. Features include AAA figured maple top, weight-relieved mahogany body, Burstbucker Pro humbuckers, and rosewood fingerboard.
- Hard-core headbangers are the focus of the Gibson Les Paul and SG Menace Series with tribal body routings, ebony fingerboard, brass fist (Les Paul) or brass knuckles (SG) inlays, the Gibson logo in a tattoo motif, special smokey coil 490R & 498T humbuckers and more.
- The New Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus with AAA flamed maple top, 490R and 498T humbuckers is also on offer.