Puremagnetik has released Lore Experimental Sound Console, which they describe as an advanced sound design workstation inspired by musique concrète, microsound and other pioneering sound technologies of the past several decades. They tell us that it combines spectral and granular engines along with several other features designed to unleash the power of microsonic resynthesis. Here's the full details from Puremagnetik...
What does Lore do?
Lore isn't simply a synth or effect but a crowd-funded, continuously updated environment for manipulating and processing sounds. Currently, Lore functions as a granular and spectral processor that opens as a plugin in a host like Ableton Live or Logic.
Lore dissects audio into tiny particles that can be stretched, spectrally delayed and surgically altered on very specific frequency bands. From there everything can be modulated for dynamically shifting, constantly-evolving sound sculptures.
Lore is an open-source project, developed by Puremagnetik artist and lead developer Micah Frank and supported by monthly patrons. Much of Puremagnetik's development for the past several years has culminated into experimental sound processing tools. Lore absorbs these tools into a flagship, modular environment.
Powered by Csound
Lore's entire engine is built on the powerful, open-source sound computation language Csound. https://csound.com/ Continually developed since the 1980s, Csound is an incredibly mature audio framework with immaculate sound quality.
How do I get it?
Lore is freely available to compile on your own but also available as a plugin for patrons of the project. Updates are consistently being added and each month you will get new features as Lore develops. You can keep whatever you download even if you decide to no longer support the project.
What features will be added?
Good question! This is the exciting part. Here is a list of features that we plan to include with Lore moving forward.
• Animated Reverb
• Option to auto-generate multiple files (Spindle)
• Particle Delay
• Analog (Tape Loop) Processor
• Csound code input
• Drone Synth
• Spectral morph
• Spectral crush - Bit Crush Effect
• Serial routing between spectral and granular engines (currently only parallel)
• Spectral input machine library
• Different window options for analysis (Hanning, Hamming)
• Ember style batch processor
• Predefined spectral envelopes
• Spectral freeze
• Ambience design parameters and modulations
• Convolution reverb with IR library
• Segmented envelopes and LFO modulators
• Additional filter options (Moog style VCF, band filters)
• Binaural mixing and rendering
• Ambisonics mixing and rendering
• Multitrack sample processing
• Multitrack mixing
• Customized DAW integration, sync and routing
Lore is open source and available on Github under (CC BY-NC 4.0).
• OSX 10.8 or Windows 10 x64
• Audio Units or VST/VST3 compatible audio host
More From: PUREMAGNETIK