BOSS tells us that they are excited to showcase the capabilities of the forthcoming RC-505mkII Loop Station with the freshest and most exciting names in beatboxing thanks to an exclusive collaboration with Swissbeatbox (SBX), the world's largest beatbox platform. They describe the RC-505mkII as a next-generation tabletop looper with five stereo tracks, best-in-class sound quality, massive onboard effects options, and unmatched real-time control. Here's the full story, direct from BOSS...
Swissbeatbox provides beatboxing video clips from artists from all over the world, and the BOSS RC-505 has become the "standard" Loop Station for beatboxers. An RC-505 must be used in order to compete in the wildly popular Swissbeatbox competitions, with millions tuning in to watch the head-to-head battles.
"SBX Kickback Battle" competitors have officially accepted the challenge to use the very first RC-505mkII prototype to compete in the worldwide competition, announced on August 5th. Battle audiences will witness the new RC-505mkII hardware pushed to the limits by the most innovative loop artists in the game.
Built for free-flowing expression on stage and in the studio, the RC-505mkII is a dream machine for beatboxers, vocalists, multi-instrumentalists, and other fearless looping artists.
Packed with inspiring tools for on-the-spot music creation, the new RC-505mkII Loop Station brings next-generation power and flexibility to the world's most popular tabletop looper. Performances are elevated with five stereo tracks and four simultaneous Input FX and Track FX. Additional features include customizable buttons, expanded I/O, increased mixing control, and other enhancements requested by longtime RC-505 users.
- The industry-standard tabletop looper, updated and enhanced
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing
- Five simultaneous stereo phrase tracks with dedicated controls and independent volume faders
- Input FX and Track FX sections, each with four simultaneous effects and four quick-access banks
- Customizable FX and Track buttons for each phrase track
- Massive onboard effects selection with 49 Input FX types and 53 Track FX types, including new Harmony, Electric FX, and many others
- New ultra-durable faders with longer throw for more precise adjustment
- Newly added Mark Back function provides enhanced undo/redo flexibility while performing
- Two XLR mic inputs with phantom power, two stereo line input pairs, and three stereo line output pairs
- 99 memories, each containing five phrase tracks, custom effects and playback settings, control assignments, and more
- Synchronize your loops with over 200 onboard rhythm patterns and 16 drum kits
- Deep MIDI control support
- Two external control jacks, each with support for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- USB for data backup, phrase import/export with BOSS Tone Studio, and pattern import with the RC Rhythm Converter
Pricing and Availability:
The new BOSS RC-505mkII will be available for US $599.99 and is scheduled to be shipping worldwide in Q4 2021.
More From: BOSS