SampleScience has released Northern Boarders which they describe as a vintage sound machine sure to please fans of early Warp releases, BOC and AFX. Here’s the details in their own words…
Northern Boarders is a plugin instrument featuring organic, electro-acoustic and genuine analog synthesizers sounds. Each sound has been multi-sampled for maximum playability over a wide range of notes. Particular attention has been paid to higher pitched sounds: glockenspiel alike tones, electric pianos, and analog synthesizers pads all have pleasing higher tones.
Many of the sounds are inspired by Boards of Canada. For instance, the Roygbiv bass sound has been programmed in different analog synthesizers, sampled and are included in Northern Boarders.
Additional sound layers can be added to enhanced your main sound, most of them recorded from analog modular synthesizers, old radios, vintage tape decks, and obsolete video equipment.
- 42 multi-sampled sounds of analog synthesizers and electro-acoustic sounds
- Multi-layers engines: field recordings, vintage medias surface noises, analog synthesizers noise colors and waveforms.
- Highpass/lowpass filter
- Transients from vinyl and audio cassette
- Artifacts from old media (vinyl and VHS)
- Available as a VST/AU plugin instrument for macOS and Windows 7 and up
Pricing and Availability:
More News: Like This