Positive Grid has announced the third product in its line of BIAS hardware pedals: BIAS Modulation. They say that, unique among guitar pedals, BIAS Modulation works both as a standalone pedal and as part of an integrated desktop and mobile system, connecting to computers via its Micro USB port and to iPad via built-in Bluetooth. Positive Grid tells us that, using BIAS Modulation with the BIAS Pedal (Mac/Win) desktop software and iPad app, guitarists can deeply customize and remotely control the pedal's effects parameters and share and download thousands of custom presets on Positive Grid's acclaimed ToneCloud social network. Here's the full details direct from Positive Grid...
Unlimited custom pedal designs
BIAS Modulation pedal comes stocked with nine powerful time- and amplitude-based effects--Flanger, Chorus, Phaser, Tremolo, Vibrato, Rotary, RingMod, AutoSwell and Pan--that provide the foundation for further, advanced editing of parameters in BIAS Pedal software. After creating a war chest of custom modulation pedals in the supporting software, musicians can transfer them back into the pedal's two banks of ten presets each. Guitarists can also assign three favorite presets to separate footswitches for instant recall.
Onboard controls for modulation intensity, depth, and rate--along with tap tempo and extensive LFO controls--allow players to tweak presets on the fly while performing. An Expression Pedal input allows real-time control of any parameter. BIAS Modulation can also use MIDI Clock to sync with other BIAS pedals, locking the tempo of all time-based effects across Positive Grid's integrated pedalboard ecosystem.
Unlimited custom presets via ToneCloud
Using BIAS Pedal desktop software or iOS app with the BIAS Modulation pedal, players can access Positive Grid's popular ToneCloud network. There they can share and download thousands of modulation pedals created by fellow musicians--including signature recording artists--from around the world for import back into the pedal.
No-compromise build quality
Road-tough and studio-ready, the BIAS Modulation pedal features a rugged all-metal chassis, bombproof knobs and switches, and sturdy I/O jacks for left and right channels. Built like a tank, deeply integrated with powerful pedal-design software, and armed with wired and wireless connections to DAW, iPad and ToneCloud, BIAS Modulation is the perfect modulation pedal for today's performing and recording guitarist.
· Strongest possible build quality, with rugged, all-metal chassis
· Separate ¼" unbalanced (tip-sleeve), high-impedance instrument-input and line-level output jacks for left and right channels provide mono or wide stereo sound
· Expression Pedal input provided on ¼" TRS jack provides real-time control of any parameter
· Nine built-in modulation effects: Chorus, Vibrato, Flanger, Rotary, Phaser, Tremolo, Pan, RingMod and Autoswell.
· Mix and match two modulation types (time/filter-based and amplitude-based) to create truly unique sounds
· Three preset banks store up to ten presets each for lickety-split recall
· Full complement of parameter knobs controls Intensity, Depth, (Output) Level, Rate and three types of LFO modification (Shift, Wobble and Offset)
· Sturdy switches control Tap Tempo (over a 40 to 400bpm range) and LFO's waveshape: round (sine), sharp (sawtooth) or pulse (square)
· Comprehensive MIDI Mapping: MIDI Program Change switches presets, and MIDI CCs (continuous controller messages) adjust key parameter values
· Sync with other BIAS pedals using MIDI Clock, locking the tempo of all time-based effects across Positive Grid's integrated pedalboard ecosystem
· Full integration across hardware, desktop and mobile applications: Micro USB port and Bluetooth respectively interface pedal with BIAS Pedal desktop software (PC and Mac) and iOS app for deep pedal customization, offline preset storage, remote control and access to thousands of modulation pedal designs via Positive Grid's ToneCloud network
· Exports custom pedal setups into the effects chains for Positive Grid's BIAS FX software
· Separate MIDI In and Thru connectors
· 9VDC power-input jack
Pricing and Availability:
BIAS Modulation Pedal will be available in stores worldwide in Q2 2017 for $349