Whilst there is nothing new from Yamaha on the guitar front they do have a new release for our 4 stringed cousins. The TRBX series have an active EQ system which enables a huge range of tones at your fingertips.
TRBX 300 and 500 features:
- TRBX's neck design combines a fast, ultra-comfortable profile with 5-pc maple/mahogany laminated construction for outstanding stability and excellent tone.
- TRBX features a sculpted solid mahogany body, with a mass-optimized 3D design for the optimum balance between tone and comfort coupled with perfect weight distribution.
- TRBX uses a precision fitted bolt-on neck joint for maximum adjustability and clear, punchy tone. Developed through hundreds of hours of play-testing, the refined neck joint shape perfectly balances strength, vibration transfer and upper-fret access.
- A high-mass die-cast bridge efficiently transfers string vibrations to the body for full, rich tone combined with excellent adjustability and road-tested durability. 18mm string spacing on the 5-string model offers outstanding playability for technical slap or finger styles.
- Straight string pull from nut to machine head eliminates lateral tension, providing superior tuning stability and reducing overtones.
- 38mm (4-string) or 43mm (5-string) nut widths give fast, comfortable playability for any style.
- TRBX300 models feature Yamaha's exclusive Perfomance EQ active circuit with five performance-tuned full spectrum EQ curves optimized to give instant access to essential sounds along with powerful 2-band master equalization to shape and define your tone.
- TRBX500 models feature an audiophile-grade active/passive circuit for fine tonal control and extreme flexibility. The advanced design offers a level-matched output whether in passive or active mode and tone-switching circuitry that seamlessly moves from treble control to master passive tone. High-quality gold plated parts are used for key signal chain contacts, providing increased conductivity and reliability and a battery alert LED installed on the back panel gives instant indication of low power to eliminate sudden power loss during performance.
Check out the Yamaha website for more info