No flash plug
You might have already caught news of the the first limited edition stompbox from Digitech featuring a character from rock-inspired comic book series Eternal Descent.
We caught up with Eternal Descent creator and guitarist Llexi Leon, who explained the genesis of the pedal.
In the recording studio for the soundtrack which will accompany the release of the first graphic novel from the comic book series, the Digitech RP1000 created many of the guitar tones used, and these have been re-created within the new Lyra pedal.
The video gives an overview and a taster of some of the sounds; here's a few more words from Llexi about it...
The DigiTech® Lyra pedal is a limited-edition stompbox featuring 7 tones designed to create a soundtrack to the Eternal Descent comic book series, written by guitarist Llexi Leon. The Eternal Descent series features some of your favorite guitar heroes - including Atreyu, Firewind, Shadows Fall, Static X and others!
Working closely with Llexi Leon and producer Eddie Kramer, acting as Senior Production Modeling Consultant (and world-class recording engineer!), the DigiTech team designed Lyra's set of 7 meticulously-crafted tones utilizing the same gear used on the original Eternal Descent recordings, which will debut alongside the Eternal Descent Graphic Novel in April 2011.
The sounds in the Lyra are custom designed tones programmed into 7 tonal effects blends. There are Level, Gain, and FX Mix knobs for added control over each of the sounds.
The Lyra knob selects one of seven tones taken from movements of the Eternal Descent soundtrack:
1. "Crystal Cascade" - A shimmering clean tone laden with repeats. "Memories flooding back, moments lost in time, echo in eternity."
2. "The Morass" - An eerie tone with a touch of dirt and a swirling phase. "Distant melodies come bubbling from the black mire."
3. "Ethereal Entity" - A saturated lead tone with a slow attack and reverse delay. "The voices of the damned are calling."
4. "Divine Lead" - A soaring rock lead with an octave effect. "An aria of the angels"
5. "Lyra's Lightning" - A super-charged lead tone with delay. "Lyra's signature shred attack."
6. "Dark Blues" - A smooth tweed tone with a plate reverb. "On tour with Constellation 9"
7. "Crushing Chaos" - A nightmare of heavy gain and extreme phase shifting. "Machinations of a madman."
The Lyra pedal runs off a 9VDC battery or the included Harman PS200R DC power adapter.
For more information check out the official Lyra page over at Digitech