Synth Site: Yamaha: PSR-410: User reviews Add review
Average rating: 3.4 out of 5
page 1 of 3:        1  2  3  >>>
Luca V a part-time user from Woodbridge, Ontario Canada writes:
Hey what's up? My name is Luca; I just want to comment about the PSR 410 by Yamaha. You know, believe it or not, I was so surprised when I found out that this keyboard was made in 1993. I mean 1993, that like what, 11 years ago, going on 12. Well, anyways, all I have to say is 11 years later, and I am still impressed by its performance; I mean, I'm not like a Hollywood musician or anything, I just like to play for my own pleasure, and occasionally I like to play for entertainment purposes also. The only thing I’m concerned about is the keyboards memory; for example, just say I record a song, and the power goes out for a split second, and then comes back on, I loose everything: my recorded song, and my saved instruments that I have organized with one touch play. For those of you that own a Psr 410 you know what I am talking about, but what can you do, I mean this was 11 years ago, and the technology was different back then, but hey I think in certain respects the 410 is still going strong. To bad they couldn't have had the diskette saving feature back then, so I could saved my settings. Aside from what I have just mentioned, the music styles also sound very poppy, and very 90's, to bad they did incorporate an upgrading feature for this key board, so I could install new tunes: (Almost like a computer; when you upgrading your computer with a CD that contains a newer version) but hey, you can’t have everything in life. You know, I am 22 years old, and I grew up with this keyboard, so that means, when I got this keyboard I was 11 years old. Man I feel so old, now just thinking about it. (Basically my whole teenage hood) You know I’ve played such tunes as Pink Floyd, Deep Purple ect; ha sometimes I wonder why I was born in the 80’s and not the 60’s. One other thing that I like about this keyboard is the feature where you have your own percussion drums; you can make your own beats or drum solos, but I have yet to master that, because, come on, this is only a keyboard, and there is only so much you can do. O ya, one more thing is, if any of you have problems knowing or learning what buttons control which, just be patient and read the instruction manual, because for me, 11 years later I’m still trying to figure out what buttons control which, but I say I have masterd 90% of it. The other 10% is I'm trying to figure out how to program the midi to my PSR 410 keyboard. You know what I found out? That if you want to buy a midi for your PSR 410 or any keyboard they range from 400 to the 1000’s of dollars, so good luck with that purchase.

Rating: 4 out of 5 posted Wednesday-Nov-10-2004 at 02:14
Kret a part-time user from Poland writes:
A great instrument! I bought one 4 years ago. Today I'm selling:(. But he be always in my heart. Great sound. I do on PSR 410 lot of compositions. Good 4 anyone! (excuse me 4 my english)

Rating: 5 out of 5 posted Thursday-Aug-19-2004 at 18:00
catherine a hobbyist user from uk writes:
I have had this keyboard for more than 8 years now....and i think this keyboard is great for anyone. I bought it when i'd just started learning to play the keyboard...and it helped a lot. And now i'm almost a professional and I still think it's really easy and quick to use...unless you're after a big huge professional-looking thing, I would recommend it to all from beginners to almost experts.

Rating: 5 out of 5 posted Friday-Feb-13-2004 at 06:38
Roel DM a hobbyist user from Belgium writes:
Hi all

I bought mine second hand at a very good price, basicly i use the psr-410 to steer my software synths.

It does the job very well, with 16 midi channels it's a bless to work with it. In combination with cubase or roland V-stack you got urself an ultra expandable set of equipement.

I myself am a big supporter of softsynths because u can have more than 1 of them for the price of 1 hardware synth, and in combination with a good ASIO soundcard perform at least as good as a HW synth.

Rating: 4 out of 5 posted Saturday-May-31-2003 at 19:01
Ruby from Canada writes:
I dont know what the heck Rudy Jabroni is talking about. I am on my way to becoming a professional keyboard/piano player, and I must say that the 410 is way better than anything else I have seen for that price! Ofcourse if you want a mega huge piece of machine that can possibly ontake any kind of synth and program, then the homely 410 is not for you. But talking about home, or amateur, or even public performances, this thing is GREAT. I have had the 410 for more than 5 years and it has never once let me down, even in terms of physical working parts or maintenance. Please email me and let me know your opinions on the 410 and other newer items in the market which are working wonders!!!

Rating: 4 out of 5 posted Thursday-May-29-2003 at 19:59
page 1 of 3:        1  2  3  >>>