Senode is a new music composition app for iPad. Developer, Sebastian Arnold, says that it extends the concept of linear step sequencers to a freely connectable graph with an unlimited number of instruments traveling along the edges. He tells us that the simple "finite state machine" model allows you to create complex polyphonic sequences and play them in real-time.
- innovative non-linear graphical sequencer with draggable multi-touch interface
- integrated polyphonic synthesizer with sine, square and saw OSC, ADSR, filter, reverb
- unlimited number of steps and directions: cycles, randomized, one-shot
- real-time sequencer control with master clock and catch-up quantization
- support for single notes or chords with velocity, legato or fixed-length notes
- chord detection, hold and replace modes
- transpose and clock divide functions
- polyphonic traversal with different instruments on the same graph
- quickly record nodes or chords via on-screen keybard or MIDI input
- control other music apps or external gear via MIDI
- comes with example patches that you can instantly play
Pricing and Availability:
$7.99 at the app store.